Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bread and Chocolate/The Golden Door/Not Much Else To Say

WARNING: I HAVE THE ENTIRETY OF EITHER FILM, JUST THE PORTIONS THAT WERE SHOWN IN CLASS. I WAS AWAITING TO SEE IF THESE FILMS WOULD COME OUT IN THE LIBRARY BECAUSE I FEEL POORLY EQUIPPED TO REVIEW THEM, ALSO NEITHER OF THEM WERE AVAILABLE TO ME ON NETFLIX. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Lol

On Bread and Chocolate:

Finally in this class we get to watch a comedy and we only see like 30 minutes of it. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it suffice it to say that I didn't laugh much but the character was wacky enough. Almost like some sort of old time comic stooge ala Chaplin's Champ in a modern day cornucopia where there is nudity and subplot about child rape are used not as comic foil per se (I think) but rather as moments of simplicity in an ever growing and changing society. Did I like it? Hard to say, but I'm going to try and watch the whole thing someday, I just really hate watching parts of a movie.


On The Golden Door:

Once again I really liked this movie, it was on my netflix queue forever but it was always on wait and it wasn't in the library. What luck! Anyways the most interesting thing to me in this film is how  portrayed the characters I was taken aback to the mood of The Night of the Shooting Stars but I couldn't help but think to myself; this is nazi treatment. How they pricked and prodded these people's personal wellness to the point where they were making them sick it's exactly stuff the nazis did for fun and it just stings a little knowing what country they're in. It just stings...I don't have a lot else to say. Like I said, if I saw the whole thing and had some better context, who know?

No comments:

Post a Comment