Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spots Deconstructed: The Leopard Part 2

I ended the last blog post with the simple hope that somehow I would be able to make sense of the three hour epic that is The Leopard. If you haven’t been able to guess by now I haven’t and I feel bad for that because I tried, I really did. But it’s just so…hard. I guess sometime throughout the film the Burt Lancaster character becomes the uncle of the prince and then something happens that…I don’t even know. Maybe it’s the fact that the film featured some characters speaking in English out of sync or maybe it was the fact that watching it in the native Italian tongue would’ve made the film more engrossing and although for the most part I’ve liked the films that we have watched in class, The Leopard seems like one that is just unbearable for me to watch. Maybe I’ll get it when I’m older…

No comments:

Post a Comment